Notes From Her Outdoors

I love the great outdoors. There's a lot out there to keep me fascinated.

Throughout 2010 I attempted to blog every new thing I saw as it came into season, wandered past me, or was found hiding in a sneaky niche.

Now I have the task of naming all the life I recorded - life was never sweeter.

This year I'm recording the things that catch my eye. and hopefully, will catch yours too.

Wish me luck, I'm going out!

Sunday 1 July 2012

Isle Of Man Wildlife.

I've decided to put up all that we saw here on this rather long 'page'.

GOOD LUCK
We saw a lot of interesting stuff.

Sunday 27.5.6

Wrens nest (probably) found under a small tree at the motorway services.

Wednesday 30.5.12
Harbour Porpoise seen at the Calf Of Man,

also with baby.

Seals seen chilling on rocks, swimming about bottling.

Chough over the tea room.

Friday 1.6.12
Walk along Peel Hill
Young jackdaw. 2 had fallen from nest. By the end of the day both were almost certainly dead.

Slug with strange goo on tail end - lots of them on the hill, often with pieces of plant debris stuck on.

See through slug.

Hole.

Chough - amazing beak.

Black diptera.

'Garden Spiders'.

Disturbed!

Movie of those Garden Spiders

Plumptious beetle.

Strange Pill Beetle.

Lush Bracken.


Eider duck and young.


An unusual grass - common here.

Wednesday 6.6.12
Peel Harbour and Peel Castle.
Black Guillemots


Black Guillemots with their legs out!


Fulmar.

Maratime Scabious.

Close up of Scabious


Friday 8.6.12
A Walk along the coast, Peel heading away from Peel Hill.










Monday 11.6.12
Walk to Naibyl


Mosaic Puffball Fungus


Rissos Dolphins in Naibyl bay area.
Pod of between 12 and 20









Monday 12.6.12
Point Of Ayre




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.