Notes From Her Outdoors

I love the great outdoors. There's a lot out there to keep me fascinated.

Throughout 2010 I attempted to blog every new thing I saw as it came into season, wandered past me, or was found hiding in a sneaky niche.

Now I have the task of naming all the life I recorded - life was never sweeter.

This year I'm recording the things that catch my eye. and hopefully, will catch yours too.

Wish me luck, I'm going out!

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Late Spring Walk 27.5.13

Everything is about a month late this year. 

Leaves have now burst on the trees, though not all of them, and many early spring flowers are in bloom. Soon it will be the longest day, high summer! May be on paper, summer's here, but not on the ground.


We walked along the lakes at Ruskin Mill, here in Nailsworth, up across the fields to the Bath Road and then back down to the mill once more to finish off.


Ramson (Wild Garlic) beside Ruskin Mill Lake.


Female Coot.

Crab Apple blossom.

Ramson running up a wooded bank.

A field of Buttercups beside the A46.

Such a big display.

Gorgeous Buttercup glowing in the late afternoon sun.

Horsley village.

Great Spotted Woodpecker - female - nape of her neck is black, not red.

These aren't very good photos,

but they are the best I could get,

without wading out into Ruskin Mill Lake!

Beside the lake, a Kingfisher sat quietly, soaking up the warmth of the sun.
As ever, a Heron was hanging around. Well they do have a trout farm here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.