Notes From Her Outdoors

I love the great outdoors. There's a lot out there to keep me fascinated.

Throughout 2010 I attempted to blog every new thing I saw as it came into season, wandered past me, or was found hiding in a sneaky niche.

Now I have the task of naming all the life I recorded - life was never sweeter.

This year I'm recording the things that catch my eye. and hopefully, will catch yours too.

Wish me luck, I'm going out!

Monday 7 June 2010

Everything's Coming Up Too Fast



I can't keep up with all the plants as they appear.

NO PRESSURE!

It's the grasses as well as the flowers that are catching my eye at present, making it hard to walk any distance without constantly stopping and going oooooo.


The plant above Woodruff (Galium odoratum)  had the tiniest flowers and the lovliest glossy leaves.


This little thing  below, Sanicle (Sanicula europaea), , has little fingers sticking out all the way around each flower head. Both plants were nestling in the dark wood.





This little yellow flower nestles low in the grass is either Greater Bird's-foot-trefoil 


(Lotus pedunculatus) or Common Bird's-foot-


trefoil (Lotus corniculatus). One thing's for 


sure; it's a Birds Foot Trefoil!



Sorrel, already in flower, it's leaves aren't so good to eat here on in.


Same Butterfly twice. Still to be identified! 



Common Blue. Shame really, I was hoping it was a rarity. 





This might be one of 2 plants;  Cat's-ear or  Hawkbit  It's hard to tell them apart!


On a dewy morning like this one, the cobwebs nestling in the grass, just above soil level, sparkle as I walk past.


Grasses look amazing  at the moment, both singly and as a meadow.





Below 

Orange Foxtail (Alopecurus aequalis)


Scabious, so refreshing, I have one in my garden.

I also have buttercups, only I don't really want them! These ones helped make the meadow  they were in glow golden.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.