Notes From Her Outdoors

I love the great outdoors. There's a lot out there to keep me fascinated.

Throughout 2010 I attempted to blog every new thing I saw as it came into season, wandered past me, or was found hiding in a sneaky niche.

Now I have the task of naming all the life I recorded - life was never sweeter.

This year I'm recording the things that catch my eye. and hopefully, will catch yours too.

Wish me luck, I'm going out!

Wednesday 9 June 2010

If It Moves, I'll Ignore It Today



I've been out all day aslaving in my customer's gardens. Up in Minchinhampton this afternoon, I espied this 4 foot tall Thistle.


The flowers are quite small considering the height of the plant.


Having taken it's picture, I pulled it up. What I can't believe, is how fast it grew. Either that, or my eyesight's going!
It's a - 

Marsh Thistle (Cirsium palustre)





Later on, I had come down the hill into Nailsworth, and found this incredible SLUG - 

Great Grey Slug (Limax maximus)

. The horrible thing is, that my client had put down a load of slug pellets. Still, at least it meant I saw this critter. Normally, of course, it would be in hiding during the day. This grotesque way, I at least got to see it!

Then, on their window, doing what comes naturally, I spotted two spotty moths - 

Scarlet Tiger (Callimorpha dominula).




I think they're SPECTACULAR




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.